Thursday 25 July 2019

Crispy Bites - S1E2


YES or NO

How I wished to say yes to the love of my life! There's no love yet, probably it is only yes to willingly fall in love? Will I ever fall in love?

Thoughts overflowing, Meenu's mind at chaos! Her heavy heart had no answer yet as she discussed with her family and friends. Only thing was that she was comfortable with the guy she had met and meet up was fairly good. Probably she's jumping to a Yes with all the convincing thats happening around her, but and not a firm Yes. Couple of days passed by, Meenu was in thoughts of their conversation and smiled at a colleague who knew what was happening in Meenu's life. 
Colleague: Lost in thoughts? Smiling? So, it is a yes from you?
Meenu: Can't say! 
Colleague: Say yes if his thoughts are making you smile like this. πŸ˜‰ 

There it was! Another reason to say yes to this guy? While Meenu left office, she dialled the guy's number.
He: Hello, whats up?
Meenu: Hey, going to catch my bus now. Have you left or still at work?
He: At work, but it's ok to talk. 
Meenu: Hmmm..thought of calling you casually. 
He: It's fine. I understand. 

What does he understand without me saying anything?

He: So, got into the bus?
Meenu: Yep, got my favourite front seat too. Umm.. I like to sit in the front row window seat with the broad view of the road. 
He: Hmmm.. So, what did your parents say? 
Meenu: My parents are OK with you considering our families know each other. Mom worries a lot as usual, she has all the doubts in her mind which you need to clarify. 
He: Hmmm..how about you?

Meenu paused for a few seconds and then continued..

Meenu: Thinking.. The time I spent with you, I was comfortable around you. Yet, I feel like meeting my in-laws! πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆAHH..!!! I mean.., I think, I should know how your parents are, casually. 
He: Haha relax. I am yet to tell my parents about whatever is happening. They're a little busy and need some time to catch up with them considering  different time zones. 

The guys parents were in States for few months. 

Meenu: OK, let me know once you talk to them. So, how are your office gfs today?
He: Haha, you really want to know? They're all around, checking who is on the phone with me for so long. πŸ˜€
Meenu: Oh oh! I am breaking hearts now? πŸ˜‰
He: πŸ˜€ Hmmm.. For sure they'll ask who it was. 
Meenu: Chalo then, you have fun! Babbyee.
He: Bye, keep calling. 

They both hung up laughing. 

Meenu gets a phone call from US suddenly on a Sunday morning! She kind of knew that it could be the guy's parents calling. She picks up clearing her throat. And yes, the guy's Amma was on the phone. After a casual hello hi and comforting talks, Meenu was typically asked if she knows cooking. 😬 There was absolutely one and only concern his mother showed, it was that her son was eating outside food for many years now. Like a good listening girl, Meenu responded that she's used to eating home cooked food and consoled his Amma that they would cook and eat at home (if at all everything falls in placeπŸ’­). The phone was passed to Uncle now. The paternal voice came in with a lot more comfort to Meenu. Uncle only told that she will be treated like his own daughter and not to worry since she's coming into a good family. Later, Meenu passed on the phone to her daddy and after some candy talks, they cut the call. Everyone was in an assumption that this wedding was meant to happen and so the wait was worthwhile. 

The phone rings again,
He: Hello! So, how did your telephonic go?
Meenu: πŸ˜€ Hey! Should I call you honey now?
He: Yeah! That's my name Madhu.
She: Smart! Your parents sounded very optimistic about this alliance. It felt good talking to them, especially your dad.
Madhu: Hmmm..they're more than happy. So, how's it at your end?
She: All seem to be OK. This is all scary, can't explain. 
Madhu: Can I see you anytime today? 
She: Coming home?
Madhu: No no, just us. 

That's the guy, Madhu is his name. He tried his best to comfort the girl with her confusions towards marriage. They suddenly planned to meet at mid distant place for both of them so that it will ease out on the time. It was an amazing pizza party for the duo, followed by a ghost movie called Annabelle. 😁 Coincidentally, Meenu got her friends in the Pizza shop and joined them without the guy's consent (most girls are that way! I think! πŸ’­). πŸ˜€ Mainly the topic of discussion was the bride to be, how foodie she is and few incidents which brought laughter to all of them. Later at the movie hall, Madhu suspected if this coincidence was intentional as Meenu had suggested this eat-out which was so untrue.

Meenu: See! Trust issues already?
Madhu: I din't want to keep anything unclear in my head.
Meenu: Good you asked me but it isn't intentional. I don't find anyone when I come shopping alone and see now! πŸ˜€
Madhu: OK, I trust you.
Meenu: Hey, did you mind my friends joining us?
Madhu: Hmmm, I wanted to talk to you in person.
Meenu: OH, so sorry. 
Madhu: That's ok but be considerable next time.
Meenu: Agreed. Tell me , am all listening to you now. Ghost movie, I will anyway shut my eyes with the horror sounds coming. You can talk. 
Madhu: Huh? So you will not let me watch the movie?
Meenu: Haha. Watch it. Just letting you know that I am open to talk anything. 
Madhu: Shhh.

Post the movie, they both sip some hot coffee and wanted to put across certain things naturally. Meenu wanted to talk about the past chapters of her life. The guy explained that he din't want to know everything which is history now. Yet Meenu wanted to open up and the conversations flowing over the phone until mid night! Well, both had an understanding that anything would really not matter now and made sure that there's no emotional baggage carried with this new budding relationship. Also, this conversation gave them a strong base of confidence in each other. Only after this wholesome understanding, Meenu did not have any second thoughts in her mind. Madhu was really sweet enough for the girl to say YES!



Like! Share! And comment!


  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crispy Bites - S1E2

YES or NO How I wished to say yes to the love of my life! There's no love yet, probably it is only yes to willingly fall in love? W...